Listing a product takes 2 minute, before start listing we suggest to read the following explanations in order to understand the process better and also to understand all variables are needed in order to do the listing. Check also our Rules for sellers
Listing and updating products is done by pressing the List & Update Products
link in ChemCenters' Suppliers Zone
. The action requires signing into your seller's account on ChemCenters, there you can add, update or delete your listed products:
- List a new product - press "Add Product" button and a new product form will appear. Enter the correct information using the explanations below.
- Update existing product press the ID number of the product you would like to update, the product's information form will appear. After updating the product, press the "Save" button.
- Delete a product On the left side of each product row you can mark products in the small square. After marking the product you want to delete then press the "Delete Marked" button. Pay attention: You cannot reconstruct the product you have deleted. If you only wants to hide the products from ChemCenters surfers and not to delete the product from the site. You can change the status of the product to "Hidden" at the product's information form. Then, the product row at your account remains but buyers won't be able to see it. Later on you can change the status of the product back to "Normal".
Explanations about filling product information form:
- Product Name/Part Number - The name or number identifies each individual item.
- ID Number Every seller can add his own ID number for each one of his products. The ID number is for the seller's use to identify his product. This ID number does not replace ChemCenters ID number that is generated automatically for each product's row.
- Retail Price The price normally published by the manufacturer which must be higher then the price in the site. This price can be viewed on each product row and it will be marked with a line upon it and the right price on its side. You don't have to enter retail price, it is meant to give the buyer more information.
- Our Price - The price for the listed product, it will be in US dollars, FOB Item Location, including IATA packing. If you don't want to enter the price, then enter "0", then buyers will be able to see your product's line without a price and can send you requests for quotations.
- Quantity in Stock - This quantity indicates the quantity balance for selling, which can vary according to the seller's decision. Buyers cannot see this information. When not set, quantity in stock is not observed. Quantity in stock is updated whenever the product is purchased. If the quantity in stock is zero ("0"), the product is not available for purchase, the product's row will appear but only request for quotation can be done.
- Minimum Quantity - When set, limits the minimum quantity available for purchase.
- Short Description - The short description is shown in category listings and search results. We do not allow entering links, email dresses and contact information.
- Description - This should include within a maximum of 10 lines all the necessary product information. We do not allow entering links, email dresses and contact information.
- Keywords - A list of keywords for searching an item on the site. Each keyword must have at least 3 characters which must be separated by a space. It is recommended to add the following: Product Name/Part Number, Short Description, Material Group and Type, Industrial Sector, Name of Manufacturer, Item Location and Customer Catalog Number.
Note: There is no need to enter one word more then one time, the keywords must be related to your product, be aware of our Keyword Spam Policy.
- SEO - Search Engine Optimization: a list of keywords for Google Search Engine. Each keyword must have at least 3 characters which must be separated by a space. It is recommended to add the following: Part Number, Material Group and Type, Industrial Sector, Name of Manufacturer, Item Location and Customer Catalog Number.
- Status The status of your product can be or "Normal", in which all buyers can see your product's row, or "Hidden", in which buyers cannot see your product's row and it won't enter search results.
- Groups Here you can relate your product to its categories (On the left side of the screen), in order to choose more than one category, it is necessary to hold down the Control key. Pay attention: you must place your product in the right categories, choosing the wrong categories is a violation of our policy - Categorization of Listings.
- Images This is a way to add product images to the individual item. The first stage is to add the picture via the Seller - Images Upload Category and them to browse through the uploaded image files and add them to either the Thumbnail Image or Large Image category. The picture must be in a JPG or GIF format.
- Thumbnail Image (the first row) - The image that will appear at your account, beside your product's row. It is meant for you to be able to identify your products easily through all your products.
- Large image ( the second row) - The image that will appear at the product's page for the buyer to see your product.
Remember Before you browse for your images, you need to upload them first at the "Upload Files & Images" section. Learn more about Uploading Files and Images.
- MSDS, Data Sheets, Articles Here you can attach relevant files for each of your products. The purpose of the links is to add to the product technical documents such as MSDS, Data Sheets and Articles. The first stage is to browse upload the documents and browse through them in order to attach them to the specific product by clicking on Add New. It is imperative to write the document subject. All document files must be in a PDF format.
- Additional Variables This is additional information about each listed item. The information will appear at the product's page. There is no need to fill all the attributes but we recommend to so because buyers appreciate technical information and therefore the chances for purchase are higher.
- Hazardous - Hazardous is a dangerous goods declaration for shipping. If the material is not hazardous, then NO is noted. If the material is Hazardous, then YES is noted.
- Item Location - This is where the item is stored and is ready for shipment.
- Lead Time - This is the time which the seller takes to supply the material ready for shipment to the buyer.
- Manufacturer - This is the name of the manufacturer of the item.
- Manufacturer Certificate - This is the Manufacturer's Certificate Of Conformance - C.O.C. The certificate can either be free of charge or as priced in US dollars.
- Package Type and Size - This is the type of package and its size or weight.
- Test Report - This is a document from the manufacturer's laboratory. It can be free of charge when it is noted NO CHARGE. If charged, the price is noted in US dollars. Some times it is NOT AVAILABLE.
- Weight per Package in kg - It is the weight of each package, in kilograms and is gross. It is an approximately weight and it is only for indication.
- Expiration Date - If the shelf life is equal or higher then 80%, then NEW CONDITION is noted. If the shelf life for the material has less than 80%, then the Expire Date itself is noted.
- Last Date Bid - This is the last date which the seller would like to publish his product.
- Quantity Increment - This indicates the minimum quantity or its multiples that the seller would like to sell. This generally refers to standard package quantities.
- Material Groups - This identifies the material groups as shown in the pull-down menu. If your product does not suit the list, then type it in the blank space.
- Material Types - This identifies the material sub-groups as shown in the pull-down menu. If your product does not suit the list, then type it in the blank space.
- Customer Catalog Number - If the item has a custom catalog number, then please add it in the blank space with an interval between each individual character group.
- Bar Code - If the item has a bar code, then please add it in the blank space.
- Package Quantity The quantity of each package.
- Industrial Sector - This identifies the main industrial group to which the product belongs. It is possible that a product will belong to more than one sector.
- Next Quantity in Stock - This indicates the quantity the supplier will have in stock in his warehouse on the next date. If the product quantity does not suit the list, then type it in the blank space.
- Next Date in Stock - This indicates the next date the supplier will have the product in his warehouse. Please type the date in a YYYY-MM-DD format.
- Supplier Certification If the supplier has certificates (For example: ISO certificate). He can mention it here.
- Dry ice Packing Charge in $US If dry ice packing is needed for the shipping of the item, here you can add its cost.
After you finish filling the form, press "Save" and you will be able to see the product at the end of your product's list.